// By Jane Weber Brubaker // Jack Banks is on the facilities staff of Columbus Regional Health. “One day during his lunch break he had a pulmonary embolism here at the hospital and he collapsed,” says Joel Philippsen, Digital Marketing Coordinator at Columbus Regional Health. In the video that follows, produced by Philippsen, Jack shares […]
Two years ago, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare launched its new website, mywheaton.org, built on Geonetric’s VitalSite CMS (content management system). One of the top priorities of the redesign was to make it easier for visitors to find physicians, choose physicians, and request appointments. “Before we redesigned our site I would say we were averaging about 50 […]
// Sponsored Post //
Do your healthcare marketing metrics help you make the most of your digital marketing budget?
As healthcare marketers how do we know what to count? Are we counting things purely because they are countable? Are we on a quest to count metrics that are beyond our control or out of reach?
Are we making choices based on metrics that really have no effect on healthcare decisions? Are we counting metrics that are only relevant in other industries?
In this white paper published by Influence Health, you’ll get an incredibly thorough and practical framework on how to measure your healthcare marketing campaigns.
// By Jane Weber Brubaker // Two years ago, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare launched its new website, mywheaton.org, built on Geonetric’s VitalSite CMS (content management system). One of the top priorities of the redesign was to make it easier for visitors to find physicians, choose physicians, and request appointments. “Before we redesigned our site, I would […]
“Medicine, like science, depends on the free exchange of information to produce the best outcomes for patients,” says Ken Rickard. “Software should be designed with the same goal in mind.” Rickard is the Director of Professional Services at Chicago-based consulting and development firm Palantir.net. He believes software decisions are a crucial element of healthcare strategy. “Software […]
How To Master the Replatforming Process at Your Organization
- Sandra Fancher, PMP, Managing Partner, MedTouch
- Kelsey Guetschow, Director of Business Intelligence, MedTouch
- Julia Lindsay, Director, Digital Services, Marketing and Communications, SCL Health
- How to successfully master your website replatforming project and the accompanying change management challenges
- The importance of identifying goals for your new website that are both realistic and relevant
- Keys to identifying the “mission critical” tasks that need to be tackled first—and what can wait until Phase 2
- What to do if the scope of the work reaches beyond what your existing marketing/digital teams can manage
- How to measure ROI for data-driven insight
- Strategies for getting all key stakeholders on the same page and working in tandem
- Why your new website must align with your overarching marketing and digital strategy, and how to ensure this happens
- How to create a replicable roadmap for success that can be adapted and re-used for other digital projects, website initiatives, and technology implementations at your organization
- A real-life success story: How SCL Health replatformed its website and achieved big increases in site traffic (up 75%), organic traffic (up 20%), and total new users (up 68%)
“The best way to change a culture is to be transparent,” says Emily Kagan Trenchard, Associate Vice President of Digital Strategy at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore-LIJ). “When you pull back the curtain, everyone wants to tidy up the room.” Kagan Trenchard and co-presenter Chris Boyer, Senior Vice President of ReviveHealth, shared their perspectives on […]
“A complete redesign and development of your website can be a daunting process for any size organization, and the challenges posed may be wide-ranging,” says Chris Behan, President and Founder of Socius Marketing in Tampa, FL. “If all goes well, there is much to gain, and organizations can move forward rapidly. But more often than […]
// By Chris Behan // With so many healthcare organizations planning or undergoing major website redesigns, the need for expert guidance to ensure success has never been greater. We asked Web content and search engine optimization expert Chris Behan, President and Founder of Socius Marketing, to weigh in on some of the potential pitfalls, and […]
// By Ken Rickard // Imagine a healthcare world in which you had to pay a license fee to perform each angioplasty. Or one in which breakthroughs in cancer treatments were never published, but were instead reserved only for a select few doctors and institutions. Medicine, like science, depends on the free exchange of information […]
// By Jane Weber Brubaker // “The best way to change a culture is to be transparent,” says Emily Kagan Trenchard, Associate Vice President of Digital Strategy at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore-LIJ). “When you pull back the curtain, everyone wants to tidy up the room.” Kagan Trenchard and co-presenter Chris Boyer, Senior Vice President […]
Ask the Expert, with Scott Mowery, Director of Digital Services at Cleveland Clinic // By Jane Weber Brubaker // Scott Mowery, Director of Digital Services at Cleveland Clinic, presented at HCIC 2015. His background in e-commerce intrigued us. We wanted to know how it shaped his approach to digital marketing in healthcare. We also wanted […]
// Sponsored Post //
Download your copy of the results of the State of Digital Marketing in Healthcare in 2015 Survey today.
The white paper, encapsulating the results, is now available. It provides valuable insights to help CEOs, CMOs, Web leaders and others assess the current state of their organization’s digital efforts, compare themselves to their peers and look at future opportunities. In the white paper, you’ll find healthcare-specific details about:
The use of:
- Online and digital marketing techniques
- Content management software (CMS)
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Marketing automation
- Return on investment and key performance indicators
- Importance/Effectiveness of digital marketing efforts
- Driving digital transformation of a healthcare brand
- Web innovations
- Available resources
- And much more.
Using Digital to Drive Transparency and Embrace Consumerism in Healthcare
- Chris Boyer, SVP, Digital, ReviveHealth
- Emily Kagan Trenchard, AVP Digital Strategy, North Shore-LIJ
- Strategies to improve your organization’s transparency and how that will impact your hospital.
- How North Shore-LIJ (Northwell Health) built a sustainable roadmap that will help them grow and innovate as the market evolves.
- Best practices for developing integrated digital solutions for increased transparency.
- How to use your digital presence to support patient access and improve your patients’ experience.
- Quality-of-care advances that can result from a commitment to transparency.
- How increased transparency can significantly improve your facility’s CAPS scores measuring patients’ perceptions of their experiences.
- How increased transparency can improve the results of your marketing and communications efforts.
“If you’ve worked in healthcare marketing for more than a few months, you’ve undoubtedly faced a request from a service line leader who wants to see a photo of himself or his team prominently featured in an ad,” says Dan Dunlop, president and CEO of Jennings, an advertising and brand development agency, and member of the […]
“Delivering your brand promise through digital channels is obviously important to marketers at hospitals, health systems, and other healthcare organizations today,” note Mike Reinhardt and Phil Harding. “But what does delivering brand promise through digital really mean, and more important, how do you execute that delivery?” Reinhardt and Harding, both of Monigle Associates in Denver, […]
// By Dan Dunlop // Think about how you act when you host a dinner party. You are strategic when you develop the guest list, and bring people together who have commonalities. You greet people as they arrive and introduce them to others. And you facilitate conversation by suggesting interesting topics and by filling in […]
// By Mike Reinhardt and Phil Harding // Delivering your brand promise through digital channels is obviously important to marketers at hospitals, health systems, and other healthcare organizations today. But what does delivering brand promise through digital really mean, and more important, how do you execute that delivery? We believe digital brand management is trending […]
// By Jane Weber Brubaker // We’ve covered content management systems and hospital website redesigns extensively in the past few issues. In each case, once the hospital or health system was ready to start work, it faced a practical problem: how to migrate legacy content to the new site. The legacy content may be outdated. […]
When James Yanek joined The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) in 2011 as Director of Web Strategy, he saw the opportunity as well as the need to redesign the organization’s website, bring it up to today’s standards, and ensure that it was aligned with organizational objectives. The first step was to restructure the Web strategy […]
// By Jane Weber Brubaker // Even one of the most recognized and respected brands in pediatric healthcare can’t be content to rest on its laurels when it comes to hospital websites, but needs to keep moving forward, as technology continues to raise the bar on consumer expectations of the digital experience. When James Yanek […]
“Hospitals are becoming savvier at using their website vehicles to convert prospective patients in the ‘golden moment’ when those prospects are making active healthcare decisions,” says Stephen Moegling. Moegling is a partner at Franklin Street, a healthcare branding and digital marketing firm based in Richmond, Virginia. “In addition, because the decision-making for complex healthcare solutions […]
Are you about to embark on a major overhaul of your health system’s website? A before-and-after user experience survey could help you prove that the investment was worth every penny. Or, maybe you just launched your new website and are itching to find out what site visitors think of it. gSight℠, a new Web experience […]
Do you hold your breath every time there’s a production push, hoping your hospital website doesn’t crash? If so, you can understand why Julie Lindsay, Director of Digital Services at SCL Health, started looking for a new Web content management system. “We just couldn’t take it anymore,” she says. “We needed a platform that was […]
When Stanford Medicine decided it was time to replace its legacy platform, Dreamweaver, and look for a new enterprise Web content management platform, the number-one priority was ease of use by content authors. The Stanford Medicine Web presence consists of more than 200,000 pages; 825 websites; and 500 content authors. “Our vision for a target […]