// By Jane Weber Brubaker // In our self-service, digitally enabled world, healthcare consumers wonder why they can’t do something as basic as scheduling an appointment online. Today, ignoring patient demands for access and convenience can be a costly mistake, resulting in low satisfaction scores, or worse, losing out to competitors who pay closer attention. […]
Subtopics: Engagement, Wellness, Find a Doctor
Back to Full Topic List
// By Kyra Hagan // One of the most significant transformations in healthcare today revolves around consumers’ growing interest and involvement in their health. The consumerism of healthcare has profound implications for marketers, care delivery teams, and IT professionals. New challenges as well as opportunities are emerging, and deciding when and how to leverage technology […]
“Massive amounts of private health information (PHI) are stored in Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) ready for analysis by those in the healthcare industry for the benefit of all,” notes Suni Munshani. “[But] the healthcare industry must find new ways to defend itself and its sensitive data from bad actors also keen to leverage the wealth […]
// By Suni Munshani // Massive amounts of private health information (PHI) are stored in Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) ready for analysis by those in the healthcare industry for the benefit of all. But mobile and cloud technologies have blurred traditional enterprise perimeters and the healthcare industry must find new ways to defend itself and […]
Online billing: From the patient perspective, it seems like the best you can achieve is a silver lining to an otherwise dark cloud. But Memorial Hermann health system in Texas has implemented an online payment solution from Simplee that is garnering rave reviews. “We understand that paying a healthcare bill isn’t always pleasant, that healthcare is […]
Recently, eHST Editor Jane Weber Brubaker spoke with Patrick de la Roza, CEO of EASE Applications, to learn more about an application credited with raising patient satisfaction scores from 80 percent to 97.5 percent at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Ohio. “EASE” is an acronym for Electronic Access to Surgical Events. The EASE app is essentially a secure […]
// By Jane Weber Brubaker // “The easiest bill to understand and pay I’ve ever seen…” “Awesome way to pay—prompt and efficient…” “Very easy to use…” These are just a few examples from the 2,000+ comments Memorial Hermann has collected since implementing an online payment solution from Simplee. “We understand that paying a healthcare bill […]
// By Jane Weber Brubaker // After Ashley Hodge finished the book, If Disney Ran Your Hospital: 9 ½ Things You Would Do Differently, she was thinking about ways to make the experience of the families at Nationwide Children’s Hospital even better. But how do you improve on an 80 percent patient satisfaction score? The […]
eHealthcare Pulse An Interview with Patrick de la Roza, CEO, EASE Applications // By Jane Weber Brubaker // In this interview eHST Editor Jane Weber Brubaker speaks with de la Roza to learn more about the EASE application that is credited with raising patient satisfaction scores from 80 percent to 97.5 percent at Nationwide Children’s. (“EASE” […]
Patients have high expectations for their online health care experiences these days. They expect to have the same seamless, integrated digital interaction they enjoy with Amazon Prime or Uber when they interact with their health system or provider. “Ease of mobility is what’s important to them,” says Pamela Landis, Vice President of Information Services at […]
// By Jane Weber Brubaker // Patients don’t make allowances for healthcare. They expect to have the same seamless, integrated digital experience they have using Amazon Prime or Uber when they interact with their health system or provider. “That ease of mobility is what’s important to them,” says Pamela Landis, Vice President of Information Services […]
Ever dream of driving a Ferrari? If you’re a health system, the equivalent is a completely tricked-out, customized, integrated technology platform that gives you all the information you need to tackle your market holistically. No more siloed B-to-B vs. B-to-C strategies. Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) is living this dream as it prepares to roll […]
// By Jane Weber Brubaker // Is the whole equal to the sum of its parts, or greater than the sum of its parts? Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) is banking on the latter as it prepares to roll out fully integrated physician relationship management (PRM) and customer relationship management (CRM) systems from Evariant this […]
“Medicine, like science, depends on the free exchange of information to produce the best outcomes for patients,” says Ken Rickard. “Software should be designed with the same goal in mind.” Rickard is the Director of Professional Services at Chicago-based consulting and development firm Palantir.net. He believes software decisions are a crucial element of healthcare strategy. “Software […]
How To Master the Replatforming Process at Your Organization
- Sandra Fancher, PMP, Managing Partner, MedTouch
- Kelsey Guetschow, Director of Business Intelligence, MedTouch
- Julia Lindsay, Director, Digital Services, Marketing and Communications, SCL Health
- How to successfully master your website replatforming project and the accompanying change management challenges
- The importance of identifying goals for your new website that are both realistic and relevant
- Keys to identifying the “mission critical” tasks that need to be tackled first—and what can wait until Phase 2
- What to do if the scope of the work reaches beyond what your existing marketing/digital teams can manage
- How to measure ROI for data-driven insight
- Strategies for getting all key stakeholders on the same page and working in tandem
- Why your new website must align with your overarching marketing and digital strategy, and how to ensure this happens
- How to create a replicable roadmap for success that can be adapted and re-used for other digital projects, website initiatives, and technology implementations at your organization
- A real-life success story: How SCL Health replatformed its website and achieved big increases in site traffic (up 75%), organic traffic (up 20%), and total new users (up 68%)
“The best way to change a culture is to be transparent,” says Emily Kagan Trenchard, Associate Vice President of Digital Strategy at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore-LIJ). “When you pull back the curtain, everyone wants to tidy up the room.” Kagan Trenchard and co-presenter Chris Boyer, Senior Vice President of ReviveHealth, shared their perspectives on […]
// By Jane Weber Brubaker // “The best way to change a culture is to be transparent,” says Emily Kagan Trenchard, Associate Vice President of Digital Strategy at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore-LIJ). “When you pull back the curtain, everyone wants to tidy up the room.” Kagan Trenchard and co-presenter Chris Boyer, Senior Vice President […]
// Sponsored Post //
Download your copy of the results of the State of Digital Marketing in Healthcare in 2015 Survey today.
The white paper, encapsulating the results, is now available. It provides valuable insights to help CEOs, CMOs, Web leaders and others assess the current state of their organization’s digital efforts, compare themselves to their peers and look at future opportunities. In the white paper, you’ll find healthcare-specific details about:
The use of:
- Online and digital marketing techniques
- Content management software (CMS)
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Marketing automation
- Return on investment and key performance indicators
- Importance/Effectiveness of digital marketing efforts
- Driving digital transformation of a healthcare brand
- Web innovations
- Available resources
- And much more.
Using Digital to Drive Transparency and Embrace Consumerism in Healthcare
- Chris Boyer, SVP, Digital, ReviveHealth
- Emily Kagan Trenchard, AVP Digital Strategy, North Shore-LIJ
- Strategies to improve your organization’s transparency and how that will impact your hospital.
- How North Shore-LIJ (Northwell Health) built a sustainable roadmap that will help them grow and innovate as the market evolves.
- Best practices for developing integrated digital solutions for increased transparency.
- How to use your digital presence to support patient access and improve your patients’ experience.
- Quality-of-care advances that can result from a commitment to transparency.
- How increased transparency can significantly improve your facility’s CAPS scores measuring patients’ perceptions of their experiences.
- How increased transparency can improve the results of your marketing and communications efforts.
Are you about to embark on a major overhaul of your health system’s website? A before-and-after user experience survey could help you prove that the investment was worth every penny. Or, maybe you just launched your new website and are itching to find out what site visitors think of it. gSight℠, a new Web experience […]
When Stanford Medicine decided it was time to replace its legacy platform, Dreamweaver, and look for a new enterprise Web content management platform, the number-one priority was ease of use by content authors. The Stanford Medicine Web presence consists of more than 200,000 pages; 825 websites; and 500 content authors. “Our vision for a target […]
// Sponsored Post //
This comprehensive eBook published by Geonetric has everything you to need to create an effective physician promotion strategy. You’ll gain powerful, research-based insights into how patients choose physicians, ensuring you’re providing the information that actually impacts patient acquisition.
You’ll also discover how criteria like conditions, accepting new patients and proximity factor into qualifying physicians, and how likability, expertise and convenience influence the evaluation process. With that foundation in place, you’ll then move to tactics you can promote right away.
You’ll learn how to:
- Use SEO, content marketing and social media to drive qualified visitors to your online provider directory
- Create online physician profiles that connect with site visitors, humanize your doctors and drive conversions
- Use physician ratings to demonstrate skill and expertise
“Healthcare portals are huge,” says Caty Wolf, Manager of Marketing Communications at WellSpan Health, an integrated health system in central Pennsylvania. Wolf is responsible for CRM and marketing automation. She works with LionShare’s business intelligence and CRM platform, DIATA®. WellSpan is using marketing automation to acquire and activate consumers on its patient portal. “[A portal […]
// By Jane Weber Brubaker // What happens to patients with chronic diseases between office visits? What if their vital signs need to be checked more often than every few months? As health systems shift to population health management, staying connected with high-risk patients is one way to prevent conditions from escalating. Many healthcare organizations, […]
As hospitals and health organizations move toward population health and engage in value-based contracting, managing patients with chronic diseases effectively and efficiently has risen to the top of the agenda. “It would be great if the patient is giving you information every day in a way that helps drive workflow around urgency and kicking out […]