// By Jane Weber Brubaker // Is the whole equal to the sum of its parts, or greater than the sum of its parts? Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) is banking on the latter as it prepares to roll out fully integrated physician relationship management (PRM) and customer relationship management (CRM) systems from Evariant this […]
Subtopics: Engagement, Wellness, Find a Doctor
Back to Full Topic List
“Medicine, like science, depends on the free exchange of information to produce the best outcomes for patients,” says Ken Rickard. “Software should be designed with the same goal in mind.” Rickard is the Director of Professional Services at Chicago-based consulting and development firm Palantir.net. He believes software decisions are a crucial element of healthcare strategy. “Software […]
How To Master the Replatforming Process at Your Organization
- Sandra Fancher, PMP, Managing Partner, MedTouch
- Kelsey Guetschow, Director of Business Intelligence, MedTouch
- Julia Lindsay, Director, Digital Services, Marketing and Communications, SCL Health
- How to successfully master your website replatforming project and the accompanying change management challenges
- The importance of identifying goals for your new website that are both realistic and relevant
- Keys to identifying the “mission critical” tasks that need to be tackled first—and what can wait until Phase 2
- What to do if the scope of the work reaches beyond what your existing marketing/digital teams can manage
- How to measure ROI for data-driven insight
- Strategies for getting all key stakeholders on the same page and working in tandem
- Why your new website must align with your overarching marketing and digital strategy, and how to ensure this happens
- How to create a replicable roadmap for success that can be adapted and re-used for other digital projects, website initiatives, and technology implementations at your organization
- A real-life success story: How SCL Health replatformed its website and achieved big increases in site traffic (up 75%), organic traffic (up 20%), and total new users (up 68%)
“The best way to change a culture is to be transparent,” says Emily Kagan Trenchard, Associate Vice President of Digital Strategy at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore-LIJ). “When you pull back the curtain, everyone wants to tidy up the room.” Kagan Trenchard and co-presenter Chris Boyer, Senior Vice President of ReviveHealth, shared their perspectives on […]
// By Jane Weber Brubaker // “The best way to change a culture is to be transparent,” says Emily Kagan Trenchard, Associate Vice President of Digital Strategy at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore-LIJ). “When you pull back the curtain, everyone wants to tidy up the room.” Kagan Trenchard and co-presenter Chris Boyer, Senior Vice President […]
// Sponsored Post //
Download your copy of the results of the State of Digital Marketing in Healthcare in 2015 Survey today.
The white paper, encapsulating the results, is now available. It provides valuable insights to help CEOs, CMOs, Web leaders and others assess the current state of their organization’s digital efforts, compare themselves to their peers and look at future opportunities. In the white paper, you’ll find healthcare-specific details about:
The use of:
- Online and digital marketing techniques
- Content management software (CMS)
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Marketing automation
- Return on investment and key performance indicators
- Importance/Effectiveness of digital marketing efforts
- Driving digital transformation of a healthcare brand
- Web innovations
- Available resources
- And much more.
Using Digital to Drive Transparency and Embrace Consumerism in Healthcare
- Chris Boyer, SVP, Digital, ReviveHealth
- Emily Kagan Trenchard, AVP Digital Strategy, North Shore-LIJ
- Strategies to improve your organization’s transparency and how that will impact your hospital.
- How North Shore-LIJ (Northwell Health) built a sustainable roadmap that will help them grow and innovate as the market evolves.
- Best practices for developing integrated digital solutions for increased transparency.
- How to use your digital presence to support patient access and improve your patients’ experience.
- Quality-of-care advances that can result from a commitment to transparency.
- How increased transparency can significantly improve your facility’s CAPS scores measuring patients’ perceptions of their experiences.
- How increased transparency can improve the results of your marketing and communications efforts.
Are you about to embark on a major overhaul of your health system’s website? A before-and-after user experience survey could help you prove that the investment was worth every penny. Or, maybe you just launched your new website and are itching to find out what site visitors think of it. gSight℠, a new Web experience […]
When Stanford Medicine decided it was time to replace its legacy platform, Dreamweaver, and look for a new enterprise Web content management platform, the number-one priority was ease of use by content authors. The Stanford Medicine Web presence consists of more than 200,000 pages; 825 websites; and 500 content authors. “Our vision for a target […]
// Sponsored Post //
This comprehensive eBook published by Geonetric has everything you to need to create an effective physician promotion strategy. You’ll gain powerful, research-based insights into how patients choose physicians, ensuring you’re providing the information that actually impacts patient acquisition.
You’ll also discover how criteria like conditions, accepting new patients and proximity factor into qualifying physicians, and how likability, expertise and convenience influence the evaluation process. With that foundation in place, you’ll then move to tactics you can promote right away.
You’ll learn how to:
- Use SEO, content marketing and social media to drive qualified visitors to your online provider directory
- Create online physician profiles that connect with site visitors, humanize your doctors and drive conversions
- Use physician ratings to demonstrate skill and expertise
“Healthcare portals are huge,” says Caty Wolf, Manager of Marketing Communications at WellSpan Health, an integrated health system in central Pennsylvania. Wolf is responsible for CRM and marketing automation. She works with LionShare’s business intelligence and CRM platform, DIATA®. WellSpan is using marketing automation to acquire and activate consumers on its patient portal. “[A portal […]
// By Jane Weber Brubaker // What happens to patients with chronic diseases between office visits? What if their vital signs need to be checked more often than every few months? As health systems shift to population health management, staying connected with high-risk patients is one way to prevent conditions from escalating. Many healthcare organizations, […]
As hospitals and health organizations move toward population health and engage in value-based contracting, managing patients with chronic diseases effectively and efficiently has risen to the top of the agenda. “It would be great if the patient is giving you information every day in a way that helps drive workflow around urgency and kicking out […]
// Ask the Expert, with Caty Wolf // Caty Wolf is Manager of Marketing Communications at WellSpan Health, an integrated health system in central Pennsylvania. She is responsible for CRM and marketing automation, and works with LionShare’s business intelligence and CRM platform, DIATA®. WellSpan is using marketing automation to acquire and activate consumers on its […]
Mass General’s Healthcare Innovation Lab and White Rhino’s Addictive Health Lab explore consumer-centric apps and technologies with the goal of delivering a higher level of personalized service, satisfaction and a better overall patient experience. // By Shawn Gross // “As patients behave more like consumers, healthcare organizations need to deliver a higher level of personalized […]
Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital and the National Institutes of Health adopt Connexient’s wayfinding solution for patient and employee apps. // By Jane Weber Brubaker // “Would you tell me which way I ought to go from here?” asked Alice of the Cheshire Cat. “That depends a good deal on where you want to get […]
Chronic diseases cause 70 percent of deaths in the U.S., and hypertension is one of the most pervasive chronic diseases. “A third of all adults in the U.S. have it,” says Dr. Richard Milani, Ochsner Health’s Chief Clinical Transformation Officer. “Only half of adults with high blood pressure have it under control. It’s a big […]
eHealthcare Pulse April 24 was a big day in the technology world. The Apple Watch was released. On the same day, Ochsner Health, the largest not-for-profit health system in Louisiana, announced that it was the first hospital in the nation to manage patients suffering from chronic diseases, using the new Apple Watch. “Chronic disease is […]
The results of an Economist Intelligence Unit survey, commissioned by Marketo, indicate that 99% of marketers plan to invest in marketing technologies in the next year. Here are other key findings: Impact on Revenue Of the B2C marketers surveyed, more than half (55%) feel that their marketing departments are regarded as little more than a […]
Patient retention is one of the many things healthcare marketers need to stay on top of. Can your patient portal help you retain patients? Kaiser Permanente thinks so. “A 2012 Kaiser Permanente study published in the American Journal of Managed Care found that patients with online access to their patient information were 2.6 times more […]
In a recent article, we presented a recap of the HIMSS15 Patient Engagement Symposium. One of the presentations during the daylong symposium got our attention and we wanted to take a closer look. Judy Derman, Director of Member Engagement at Kaiser Permanente, shared impressive statistics on Kaiser’s portal, and how patients and providers are using […]
Have you ever read Google’s 10 philosophies or, in the company’s words, “Ten things we know to be true”? Today’s ezine is devoted to number 1, “Focus on the user and all else will follow,” and number 5, “You don’t need to be at your desk to need an answer.” These two explain the latest […]
Ask the Expert, with Mark Shipley The use of mobile devices to surf the Web has been steadily increasing, and Google recently made an algorithm change that proves mobile devices are here to stay. As of April 21, Google has begun favoring websites in mobile searches that are mobile-device friendly. And on May 5 Google […]
Wanted: Clinical Response Marketer. “This individual should have a strong grasp of consumer-friendly communications, be proficient in digital media including social media, and have the ability to lead the testing of different data collection and messaging approaches to find those that are most effective.” This is an excerpt from an actual job description posted by […]
eHealthcare Pulse The HIMSS15 Patient Engagement Symposium, one of 10 all-day pre-conference sessions, featured an impressive—and passionate—lineup of leaders representing government, providers, technology innovators, patients, and caregivers. #givememydamndata The central theme of the symposium, stressed throughout the day, was that patients need access to their clinical records to actively participate in their own care. But […]