This leading awards program, which drew over 900 entries last year, recognizes the very best websites and digital communications efforts of healthcare organizations, online health companies, pharmaceutical/medical equipment firms, suppliers, and business improvement initiatives. Now in its 18th year, the awards program is presented by Plain-English Health Care, publisher of eHealthcare Strategy & Trends and […]
How To Master the Replatforming Process at Your Organization
- Sandra Fancher, PMP, Managing Partner, MedTouch
- Kelsey Guetschow, Director of Business Intelligence, MedTouch
- Julia Lindsay, Director, Digital Services, Marketing and Communications, SCL Health
- How to successfully master your website replatforming project and the accompanying change management challenges
- The importance of identifying goals for your new website that are both realistic and relevant
- Keys to identifying the “mission critical” tasks that need to be tackled first—and what can wait until Phase 2
- What to do if the scope of the work reaches beyond what your existing marketing/digital teams can manage
- How to measure ROI for data-driven insight
- Strategies for getting all key stakeholders on the same page and working in tandem
- Why your new website must align with your overarching marketing and digital strategy, and how to ensure this happens
- How to create a replicable roadmap for success that can be adapted and re-used for other digital projects, website initiatives, and technology implementations at your organization
- A real-life success story: How SCL Health replatformed its website and achieved big increases in site traffic (up 75%), organic traffic (up 20%), and total new users (up 68%)
“The best way to change a culture is to be transparent,” says Emily Kagan Trenchard, Associate Vice President of Digital Strategy at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore-LIJ). “When you pull back the curtain, everyone wants to tidy up the room.” Kagan Trenchard and co-presenter Chris Boyer, Senior Vice President of ReviveHealth, shared their perspectives on […]
// By Jane Weber Brubaker // “The best way to change a culture is to be transparent,” says Emily Kagan Trenchard, Associate Vice President of Digital Strategy at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore-LIJ). “When you pull back the curtain, everyone wants to tidy up the room.” Kagan Trenchard and co-presenter Chris Boyer, Senior Vice President […]
Using Digital to Drive Transparency and Embrace Consumerism in Healthcare
- Chris Boyer, SVP, Digital, ReviveHealth
- Emily Kagan Trenchard, AVP Digital Strategy, North Shore-LIJ
- Strategies to improve your organization’s transparency and how that will impact your hospital.
- How North Shore-LIJ (Northwell Health) built a sustainable roadmap that will help them grow and innovate as the market evolves.
- Best practices for developing integrated digital solutions for increased transparency.
- How to use your digital presence to support patient access and improve your patients’ experience.
- Quality-of-care advances that can result from a commitment to transparency.
- How increased transparency can significantly improve your facility’s CAPS scores measuring patients’ perceptions of their experiences.
- How increased transparency can improve the results of your marketing and communications efforts.
The results of an Economist Intelligence Unit survey, commissioned by Marketo, indicate that 99% of marketers plan to invest in marketing technologies in the next year. Here are other key findings: Impact on Revenue Of the B2C marketers surveyed, more than half (55%) feel that their marketing departments are regarded as little more than a […]
St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center www.sjhsyr.org You could argue site visitors aren’t all that interested in home page banners that promote key services and special offers or events; they just want to find specific information. If that is the case, why not make the banners a direct reflection of the global links? This approach is […]
Willamette Valley Medical Center www.wvmcweb.com Not too far from Portland, OR, is the city of McMinnville, home of Willamette Valley Medical Center, an 88-bed facility. Maybe the personal, straightforward attitude communicated on the organization’s website wouldn’t work in a big city, but it certainly caught my attention. The positioning statement next to its logo says, […]
WEBSITES Help for People Affected by Accidental Bowel Leakage (ABL) is focus of a new site at www.ablinfo.org. Millions of men and women older than 40 are affected by ABL. Quiz to Gauge Understanding of Severe, Life-Threatening Allergic Reactions launched at www.Auvi-Q.com/WhatsYourAQ. The feature is sponsored by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America and […]
Travel Insurance With summer vacations just around the corner, some thought about travel insurance is in order, especially if you are planning an expensive trip or going to an exotic destination. Insurance coverage options generally fall into three broad categories – trip cancellation, emergency medical care, and medical evacuation to a healthcare facility, with the […]
Athens Regional Health System – Wellness www.athenshealth.org Wellness is a hot topic as healthcare organizations transition to population health management and value-based payment. But even the best sites continue to just integrate wellness information with health information, health resources, or health library sections. Such is not the case for this website for a Georgia provider. […]
by Cheryl L. Serra Diagnosis: Cancer. Reaction: Disbelief and fear. Fear of your prognosis, the treatment, reaction of family and friends, and your financial future. How will you possibly be able to undergo treatment—or care for a loved one with cancer—and work? A new employee benefit will soon be available to help support cancer patients […]
Centegra HealthSystem www.centegra.org This beautifully designed site for an Illinois system has great navigation. There are lots of little touches that make the site stand out. Will consumers use a hospital that doesn’t take their health insurance? Almost never. But many hospital websites fail to indicate to visitors what insurance plans are accepted. Such is […]
Grady Health System www.gradyhealth.org If you have seen the movie “Nebraska,” you know about the power of black-and-white visuals. A similar and effective approach is taken with this site for an Atlanta-based system. The home page banner rotates photos of five individuals and a family, shown in black and white, each with a simple message […]
Ask The Expert with Mark S. Gothberg Winners of the 2013 eHealthcare Leadership Awards, the competition’s 14th year, were recognized in November in New Orleans during a presentation at a healthcare Internet conference sponsored by Atlanta-based Greystone.Net. The November issue of eHealthcare Strategy & Trends listed the winners. Last month’s “Ask the Expert” column discussed […]
Gundersen Health System Provider websites have come a long way since I started reviewing them 14 years ago. But with some exceptions, interactive functions remain underutilized. This site for a Wisconsin system is one of those exceptions. A click on the Health & Wellness link brings visitors to a page where they can access numerous […]
In this issue we review three hospital sites: DMC Surgery Hospital Coping Club at Kosair Children’s Hospital Onlife Health DMC Surgery Hospital It’s been two years since I visited this site for a suburban Detroit facility. Some changes have been made – some good and some not so good, depending on your perspective. Nevertheless, the […]