Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic are ranked #1 and #2 in the country respectively by U.S. News & World Report. But that doesn’t automatically mean that their websites will live up to their stellar clinical reputations. But they did, according to the 2016 eHealthcare Leadership Awards judges. These institutions were the only two to garner […]
// By Jane Weber Brubaker // Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic are ranked #1 and #2 in the country respectively by U.S. News & World Report. But that doesn’t automatically mean that their websites will live up to their stellar clinical reputations. But they did, according to the 2016 eHealthcare Leadership Awards judges. These institutions […]
Insights from New Study of Healthcare Consumers’ Digital Experience // By Becky Barney-Villano // Retail has done it for years. Restaurants have, too. Even the banking industry is now meeting consumer expectations for on-demand services with such capabilities as mobile deposits, and complicated mortgages are being closed with a few clicks from a smartphone. Healthcare […]
“Reputation management has never been more important for healthcare providers and organizations that are actively seeking new patients. Why? The increase in high-deductible health plans has created a new breed of healthcare shopper,” says Becky Barney-Villano, healthcare writer and marketing specialist. “The rise of insurance exchanges where consumers pick their plans has resulted in more […]
// By Becky Barney-Villano // Reputation management has never been more important for healthcare providers and organizations that are actively seeking new patients. Why? The increase in high-deductible health plans has created a new breed of healthcare shopper. The rise of insurance exchanges where consumers pick their plans has resulted in more robust and careful […]
This leading awards program, which drew over 900 entries last year, recognizes the very best websites and digital communications efforts of healthcare organizations, online health companies, pharmaceutical/medical equipment firms, suppliers, and business improvement initiatives. Now in its 18th year, the awards program is presented by Plain-English Health Care, publisher of eHealthcare Strategy & Trends and […]
// Sponsored Post //
An eHealthcare Strategy & Trends webinar for healthcare marketers and digital strategists
- Pascal Bensoussan, Chief Product Officer, Reputation.com
- Kirsten Saint Clair, Director of Business Development at Immediate Clinic
77 percent of healthcare seekers begin their search for doctors online. If effective online reputation management isn’t an integral part of your marketing plan, you’re likely losing out on potential new admissions and revenue.
View this in-depth webinar now and discover how to optimize your online presence.
You’ll learn how to:
- Drive more walk-ins and admissions through positive patient feedback
- Build review volume for all your locations
- Respond to reviews in a HIPAA-compliant manner
- Manage your online reputation across all locations
Plus, you’ll hear how Immediate Clinic, an urgent care provider with 16 facilities in two states, increased ratings, visits and revenue after implementing its reputation management program.
// By Emily Kagan Trenchard // I just got back from HIMSS 2017 in Orlando, Florida, and if this national conference of health IT professionals had a message, it was this: Patient engagement is the goal, so interoperability is the key. Why is that? Because to truly boost consumer engagement, we need to get our […]
Veteran Judges Discuss eHealthcare Leadership Award Program Recognizing Digital Initiatives // By Jane Weber Brubaker // When it comes to awards, landing on the podium is a cause for celebration. The annual eHealthcare Leadership Awards are the “Oscars” of healthcare digital marketing. Healthcare organizations of all sizes have the opportunity to shine the spotlight on […]
// Sponsored Post //
In today’s healthcare marketing landscape, you face a variety of challenges and competing priorities. Engaging consumers digitally is a top CEO priority, but only 26% of organizations feel “completely ready” to execute digital strategies. Meanwhile, CIOs prioritize preparing for and dealing with internet security, which affects your marketing team’s speed and flexibility in digital engagement.
Because of these complex demands, finding a CMS that satisfies everyone can be overwhelming.
Read Influence Health’s latest white paper, Choosing the Best CMS for Healthcare, now to learn how the right CMS can help you:
- Create, edit, and publish content without heavy IT involvement
- Easily personalize content with rich data insights
- Track progress and effectiveness in real-time
- Uphold security and scale efforts with cloud-based structure
- Get Marketing and IT departments on the same page
// Sponsored Post //
Get the data you need to plan your 2017 digital marketing initiatives.
In Geonetric’s recent Healthcare Digital Marketing survey, co-sponsored by eHealthcare Strategy & Trends, healthcare marketers just like you told us their top digital priorities and biggest challenges for 2017.
Download this eBook and benchmark your organization’s online strategies against peers and better understand the current state of digital marketing in healthcare. In addition, utilizing these valuable industry trends will help as you plan future marketing initiatives.
You will learn:
- How budgets and teams are shifting
- Which tactics and techniques are producing the most effective results
- What your competitors are spending on digital
- Where you should be focusing your web development energy
- How the most effective healthcare marketers plan and track activities
“Patients turn to online doctor profiles to learn something meaningful about the person who’s going to be managing their health,” says Shawn Gross, Chief Digital Strategist, Healthcare Practice Lead for White Rhino in Lexington, Massachusetts. “But often these profiles are little more than an abbreviated resume: an academic history, professional credentials, and a headshot. They rarely convey […]
In a recent eHST “Ask the Expert” column with Avinash Kaushik, Digital Evangelist at Google and Co-Founder of Market Motive Inc., we briefly touched on the concept of economic value in the context of web analytics and website goals. “Without goals and goal values, you are not doing web analytics,” says Kaushik. Goals are conversions, […]
3 Strategies to Build Patient Trust and Drive More Online Appointments // By Shawn Gross // Patients turn to online doctor profiles to learn something meaningful about the person who’s going to be managing their health. But often these profiles are little more than an abbreviated resume: an academic history, professional credentials, and a headshot. […]
// By Jane Weber Brubaker // In a recent eHST “Ask the Expert” column with Avinash Kaushik, Digital Evangelist at Google and Co-Founder of Market Motive Inc., we briefly touched on the concept of economic value in the context of web analytics and website goals. “Without goals and goal values, you are not doing web […]
New Survey Data Reveals Growing Number of “Health-Sumers” Engage Using Mobile Devices // By Ken Robbins // The Internet offers a vast universe of information for consumers to sink their teeth into, and one area where that appetite has proven to be insatiable is healthcare. In a June 2016 survey of 1,000 consumers conducted by […]
// Sponsored Post //
Do you know what patients are saying about your healthcare organization online? If not, it’s time to find out. Neglect your online reputation and you will lose new admissions.
Online reviews have reshaped how healthcare providers are found, so it’s critical to understand how positive reviews attract potential patients, how negative ones drive them away, and what you can do to turn satisfied patients into online advocates.
This guide will give you the fundamentals of Online Reputation Management, to help you:
- Earn more positive reviews
- Raise your search ranking
- Improve patient experience
Research Findings to Guide Your eHealth Strategies in 2017
A webinar for healthcare marketers and digital strategists
Sponsored by eHealthcare Strategy & Trends and Geonetric
- Ben Dillon, Chief Strategy Officer, Geonetric
Digital budgets are increasing at hospitals and health systems across the country. Physician ratings and reviews are being added to provider directories at a rapid pace. Healthcare organizations cite a lack of time and budget as barriers to digital progress, but their digital agency partners tell a different story…
In a new webinar, Ben Dillon, Chief Strategy Officer at Geonetric, will share results from a just completed industry survey of digital strategy leaders at more than 200 healthcare organizations and agencies.
Healthcare marketers just like you told us their top digital priorities and biggest challenges for 2017.
View this in-depth webinar now, and you’ll walk away with valuable insights on everything from what your competitors are spending on digital to where you should be focusing your web development energy.
- The new digital and web strategies your competitors are preparing to launch
- How your organization’s online strategies stack up against peers
- Whether your investments in digital marketing are in line with industry averages
- How your team’s size and structure matches up against similar organizations
- Plus much more…
“Medicine, like science, depends on the free exchange of information to produce the best outcomes for patients,” says Ken Rickard. “Software should be designed with the same goal in mind.” Rickard is the Director of Professional Services at Chicago-based consulting and development firm Palantir.net. He believes software decisions are a crucial element of healthcare strategy. “Software […]
How To Master the Replatforming Process at Your Organization
- Sandra Fancher, PMP, Managing Partner, MedTouch
- Kelsey Guetschow, Director of Business Intelligence, MedTouch
- Julia Lindsay, Director, Digital Services, Marketing and Communications, SCL Health
- How to successfully master your website replatforming project and the accompanying change management challenges
- The importance of identifying goals for your new website that are both realistic and relevant
- Keys to identifying the “mission critical” tasks that need to be tackled first—and what can wait until Phase 2
- What to do if the scope of the work reaches beyond what your existing marketing/digital teams can manage
- How to measure ROI for data-driven insight
- Strategies for getting all key stakeholders on the same page and working in tandem
- Why your new website must align with your overarching marketing and digital strategy, and how to ensure this happens
- How to create a replicable roadmap for success that can be adapted and re-used for other digital projects, website initiatives, and technology implementations at your organization
- A real-life success story: How SCL Health replatformed its website and achieved big increases in site traffic (up 75%), organic traffic (up 20%), and total new users (up 68%)
“The best way to change a culture is to be transparent,” says Emily Kagan Trenchard, Associate Vice President of Digital Strategy at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore-LIJ). “When you pull back the curtain, everyone wants to tidy up the room.” Kagan Trenchard and co-presenter Chris Boyer, Senior Vice President of ReviveHealth, shared their perspectives on […]
// By Jane Weber Brubaker // “The best way to change a culture is to be transparent,” says Emily Kagan Trenchard, Associate Vice President of Digital Strategy at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore-LIJ). “When you pull back the curtain, everyone wants to tidy up the room.” Kagan Trenchard and co-presenter Chris Boyer, Senior Vice President […]
// Sponsored Post //
Download your copy of the results of the State of Digital Marketing in Healthcare in 2015 Survey today.
The white paper, encapsulating the results, is now available. It provides valuable insights to help CEOs, CMOs, Web leaders and others assess the current state of their organization’s digital efforts, compare themselves to their peers and look at future opportunities. In the white paper, you’ll find healthcare-specific details about:
The use of:
- Online and digital marketing techniques
- Content management software (CMS)
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Marketing automation
- Return on investment and key performance indicators
- Importance/Effectiveness of digital marketing efforts
- Driving digital transformation of a healthcare brand
- Web innovations
- Available resources
- And much more.
Using Digital to Drive Transparency and Embrace Consumerism in Healthcare
- Chris Boyer, SVP, Digital, ReviveHealth
- Emily Kagan Trenchard, AVP Digital Strategy, North Shore-LIJ
- Strategies to improve your organization’s transparency and how that will impact your hospital.
- How North Shore-LIJ (Northwell Health) built a sustainable roadmap that will help them grow and innovate as the market evolves.
- Best practices for developing integrated digital solutions for increased transparency.
- How to use your digital presence to support patient access and improve your patients’ experience.
- Quality-of-care advances that can result from a commitment to transparency.
- How increased transparency can significantly improve your facility’s CAPS scores measuring patients’ perceptions of their experiences.
- How increased transparency can improve the results of your marketing and communications efforts.
Do you hold your breath every time there’s a production push, hoping your hospital website doesn’t crash? If so, you can understand why Julie Lindsay, Director of Digital Services at SCL Health, started looking for a new Web content management system. “We just couldn’t take it anymore,” she says. “We needed a platform that was […]