2019 eHealthcare Leadership Award Winners
// By Jane Weber Brubaker //
The eHealthcare Leadership Awards honor the very best websites and digital communications from a broad spectrum of healthcare organizations. Winners of the 20th Annual eHealthcare Leadership Awards were announced on November 6 at a special presentation in Orlando, Florida during the Healthcare Internet Conference sponsored by Greystone.Net.
More than 200 organizations received recognition for their outstanding work. Winners of Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Distinction awards represent 17 industry classifications, from hospitals and health systems to pharmaceutical firms and online health companies.
This year, the eHealthcare Leadership Awards recognized winners in 22 different categories: Best Annual or Special Report, Best Care/Disease Management, Best Intranet, Best Digital Internal Communications, Best Online Bill Pay, Best Appointment Scheduling, Best Doctor Directory, Best Overall Digital Patient Experience, Best Healthcare Podcast, Best Healthcare Content, Best Social Media, Best Rich Media, Best Interactive, Best Mobile Website, Best Native Mobile App, Best Overall Mobile Strategy, Best Digital Marketing Campaign, Best Integrated Marketing Campaign, Best Internet Home Page, Best Site Design, Best Overall Internet Site, and the Mark Gothberg eHealthcare Organizational Commitment Award.
Top Award Recognizes Six Winners
The Mark Gothberg eHealthcare Organizational Commitment Award is our highest honor, recognizing industry leadership, innovation, and commitment. Entries are evaluated on an organization’s overall digital approach and strategy, including web and mobile strategy, marketing, staffing, internal communications, and financial commitment. Most important, these organizations are judged by their results. This year, we recognized six winners of this prestigious award:
- BroadcastMed Network
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
- The DICE Group at Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health
- FAIR Health
- Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford/Stanford Children’s Health
- CMEducation Resources
New This Year
The eHealthcare Leadership Awards program continually evolves, reflecting the evolution of the industry overall. This year, we included several new categories:
- Best Digital Internal Communications
- Best Online Bill Pay
- Best Online Appointment Scheduling
- Best Podcast
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign
- Best Integrated Marketing Campaign.
For the second year, we worked with Siteimprove to generate an accessibility score for entries in the Best Overall Internet category. A weighted accessibility score was combined with other criteria in evaluating entries in this category.
The awards website eHealthcareAwards.com continues to advance, improving access to all information related to the awards both for entrants and judges.
With Appreciation to Our Sponsors
A special thanks to this year’s sponsors for their support:
- Private Health News offers award-winning, interactive e-communication solutions, content marketing, and engagement tools help clients build ongoing, targeted relationships.
- Geonetric‘s healthcare-specific content management system, hosting, marketing strategies, and creative services are optimized for the unique needs of the healthcare industry.
- Healthgrades helps consumers find and schedule appointments with their provider of choice and helps health system clients across the country cultivate new patient relationships, improve patient access, and build customer loyalty.
- Medicom Health‘s online health risk assessments (HRAs) help hospitals convert online visits to office visits with versatile, 100 percent personalized health awareness tools.
- Reputation.com delivers a reputation management platform for large, multi-location enterprises, and helps healthcare organizations attract, acquire, and retain more patients with higher ratings and better patient reviews.
- BroadcastMed is the leading medical broadcasting and healthcare marketing company with a range of video solutions, including production and promotion of ORLive surgical broadcasts, webinars, symposia, and CME events to highly engaged physician members.
- Centretek is a full-service digital agency providing strategy, design, and development services for healthcare organizations. It is the leading provider of Drupal services for healthcare, specializing in open-source WCMS solutions.
- Kyruus delivers provider search and scheduling solutions that help health systems match patients with the right providers, enabling a modern and consistent patient experience, while optimizing provider utilization.
- MedTouch empowers health systems to be on the cutting edge of consumer experience by transforming every digital touchpoint along the patient journey and measuring the effectiveness of digital marketing programs.
- ndp, a leading healthcare marketing agency, provides clients with insights, confidence, and ultimately results, and believes in the power of creativity to make a positive difference in the world.
- Wax provides omnichannel marketing services for health-related brands across the nation, leveraging proprietary research, big data, and health network findings to develop predictive marketing solutions.
Acknowledging Our Judges
A total of 106 healthcare digital marketing experts judged the entries. Judges looked at how websites and other digital communications compared with others in the organization’s classification. They also reviewed entries based on a proprietary multi-point standard of digital excellence. The Best Overall Internet Site category, for example, had to address more than 40 factors. Thank you to our judges for their invaluable contribution to the success of the Awards. If you believe you are qualified to serve as a judge, apply here.
Our sincere congratulations to all the winners of the 20th Annual eHealthcare Leadership Awards and their design or other agencies and service providers.
Jane Weber Brubaker is executive editor of Plain-English Health Care, a division of Plain-English Media. She directs editorial content for eHealthcare Strategy & Trends and Strategic Health Care Marketing, and serves as chair of the eHealthcare Leadership Awards. Email her at email@example.com.