2021 eHealthcare Leadership Award Winners
// By Jane Weber Brubaker //
The eHealthcare Leadership Awards honor the very best websites and digital communications from a broad spectrum of healthcare organizations. Winners of the 22nd Annual eHealthcare Leadership Awards were announced on November 4 at a special presentation in Las Vegas during the Healthcare Internet Conference (HCIC) sponsored by Greystone.Net, our partner in presenting the Awards for more than 20 years.
With travel bans still in place at many organizations, many individuals and organizations were not able to attend the Awards presentation in person. To honor all of our winners, we are making the Awards program available virtually on eHealthcareAwards.com. We hope you’ll invite your team to watch the on-demand version and get the recognition you so richly deserve!
More than 250 organizations received recognition for their outstanding work. Winners of Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Distinction awards represent 18 industry classifications, from hospitals and health systems to pharmaceutical firms and medical device companies.
This year, the eHealthcare Leadership Awards recognized winners in 21 different categories: Best Annual or Special Report, Best Care/Disease Management, Best Intranet, Best Digital Internal Communications, Best Doctor Directory, Best Overall Digital Patient Experience, Best Healthcare Podcast, Best Healthcare Content, Best Social Media, Best Rich Media, Best Interactive, Best Mobile Website, Best Native Mobile App, Best Digital Marketing Campaign, Best Integrated Marketing Campaign, Best Internet Home Page, Best Landing Page or Microsite, Best Site Design, Best Overall Internet Site, Best Digital Leadership in Health Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, Best COVID-19 Pandemic Related Communications.
New This Year
The eHealthcare Leadership Awards program continually evolves, reflecting the evolution of the industry overall. We included two new categories in 2021:
- Best Landing Page or Microsite recognizes the importance of optimizing the path from advertising to conversion and driving measurable results.
- Best Digital Leadership in Health Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion recognizes organizations that have prioritized the elimination of systemic barriers and biases related to race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability that negatively impact health outcomes.
For the fourth year, we worked with Siteimprove to generate an accessibility score for entries in the Best Mobile Website and Best Overall Internet category. A weighted accessibility score was combined with other criteria in evaluating entries in this category.
Top Award Recognizes Five Winners
The Mark Gothberg eHealthcare Organizational Commitment Award is our highest honor, recognizing industry leadership, innovation, and commitment. Entries are evaluated on an organization’s overall digital approach and strategy, including web and mobile strategy, marketing, staffing, internal communications, and financial commitment. Most important, these organizations are judged by their results. This year, we recognized five winners of this prestigious award:
With Appreciation to Our Sponsors
A special thanks to this year’s sponsors for their support:
- Diamond Sponsors
- Geonetric is a digital experience agency with deep technical and creative expertise that provides hospitals, health systems, and medical groups digital experience strategy, digital transformation consulting, user experience consulting, and creative digital services optimized for the unique needs of the healthcare industry. Geonetric has its own popular healthcare-specific content management system, VitalSite, and creates compelling experiences on Sitecore, Drupal, and other digital experience platforms.
- Private Health News’ award-winning, interactive e-communication solutions, content marketing, and engagement tools help clients build ongoing, targeted relationships, with two key audiences: consumers, through My Health e-News™and physicians and nurses, through MedNews Plus™. PHN’s goal is to help its clients help target audiences live healthier lives, while driving measurable awareness and use of client services and specialists.
- Platinum Sponsors
- BroadcastMed is the leading physician-focused content marketing company with a comprehensive range of video solutions. BroadcastMed helps the world’s best healthcare brands engage, educate, and inspire physicians by producing and promoting video content that improves healthcare and delivers measurable business results.
- Medical Web Experts specializes in creating custom, mobile-responsive websites, web applications, mobile apps, and marketing campaigns that help healthcare businesses reach the right audience and build a loyal patient base.
- Medicom Health’s online health risk assessments (HRAs) help hospitals convert online visits to office visits with versatile, 100 percent personalized health awareness tools.
- Phase2 makes digital products that inspire, engage, and create impact, transforming the patient experience from a series of disjointed interactions to a continuous, frictionless, and enriching healthcare journey.
- Reputation, creator of the Reputation Experience Management category, is changing the way healthcare organizations gather and act on patient feedback to drive decision-making and enhance Consumer Experience (CX) programs by translating vast amounts of solicited and unsolicited feedback data into prescriptive insights that healthcare leaders use to learn from and improve operations.
- Gold Sponsors
- Centretek is a full-service digital agency providing strategy, design, and development services for healthcare organizations. Centretek specializes in open-source web content management solutions and is the leading provider of Drupal services for healthcare.
- Healthgrades is the leading marketplace that connects patients and healthcare providers. The company’s Hg Mercury platform is a comprehensive data and software as a services platform that delivers insights and communications solutions that drives patient engagement and physician alignment and integrate seamlessly with the health system’s broader MarTech stack and enterprise ecosystem.
- Kyruus helps healthcare organizations connect people with the right care across their key access points. Its provider search and scheduling platform enables leading health systems, hospitals, and medical groups nationwide to attract and retain patients with a modern and consistent access experience.
- NDP is a leading healthcare marketing agency, providing clients with insights, confidence, and, ultimately, results. NDP believes in the power of creativity to a make a positive difference in the world.
- Wellsource leads the health risk assessment industry with innovative products grounded in modern, evidence-based medicine. Wellactivate™ condition-specific assessments help patients self-identify their need for care across service lines—while gathering the data healthcare marketers need to drive patient acquisition and engagement.
Acknowledging Our Judges
A total of 111 healthcare digital marketing experts judged the entries. Judges evaluated websites and other digital communications, comparing them with others in the organization’s classification. They also reviewed entries based on a proprietary multi-point standard of digital excellence. The Best Overall Internet Site category, for example, had to address more than 40 factors. Thanks to our judges for their invaluable contribution to the success of the Awards.
If you believe you are qualified to serve as a judge, apply here.
Our sincere congratulations to all the winners of the 22nd Annual eHealthcare Leadership Awards and their design or other agencies and service providers.
Jane Weber Brubaker is executive editor of Plain-English Health Care, a division of Plain-English Media. She directs editorial content for eHealthcare Strategy & Trends and Strategic Health Care Marketing, and serves as chair of the eHealthcare Leadership Awards. Email her at email@example.com.