eHealthcare Leadership Awards: Recognizing the Wider Industry
// By Jane Weber Brubaker //
The Call for Entries for the 2019 eHealthcare Leadership Awards is open! This time of year, we highlight some of the great work we’re privileged to recognize, from all sectors of the healthcare industry.
Last month, we featured winners of the 2018 eHealthcare Leadership Awards in the Best Site Design category. These award recipients are the best among provider organizations of all sizes and types, from small systems with fewer than 200 beds to major health systems, inpatient to outpatient, and acute care facilities to homecare agencies.
In this article, we’ll look at winners of this category from other types organizations serving the healthcare industry. Non-provider organizations can enter any of the 22 award categories in one of these 10 group classifications:
- Healthcare Association/Professional Society
- HMO/PPO/Other Insurance
- Consumer General Health Site
- Consumer Disease-Focused Site
- Physician/Clinician-Focused Site
- Pharmaceutical or Medical Equipment Manufacturer
- Fundraising Site
- Business/Process Improvement Applications of Products
- Agency/Corporate Vendor Site
- Other Healthcare Sites
In 2018, four outstanding websites won Platinum awards in the Best Site Design category, and we’ll take a closer look at them here:
- Medicare World (Consumer General Health Site)
- Carle Health System (Physician/Clinician-Focused Site)
- Wright Medical – entered by BroadcastMed (Pharmaceutical or Medical Equipment Manufacturer)
- Advarra – entered by SCORR Marketing (Other Healthcare Sites)
Which audiences were these organizations trying to reach? How effective was the site design in meeting the needs of target groups?