Are You Maximizing Your “Find a Doctor” Strategy? (Part 2)
8 Steps to Strengthen Your Physician Directory Tools and Build Your Patient Base
// By Noel Coleman //
No hospital or health system website today is complete without including a strong and user-friendly physician directory, or “Find a Doctor” tool. This means that if your organization has not yet ventured fully into this area, there’s no time like the present to dive right in. In last month’s article, Noel Coleman mapped five strategic goals for your “Find a Doctor” tool. Here he offers a roadmap with eight key steps to get it done — whether you are starting from scratch or simply strengthening an existing physician directory.
Last year, I was curious to see if there was any social chatter on Twitter about the travails of finding a doctor. Turns out, there is a lot—and most of it isn’t positive. Here is just a sample of what I found:
- Finding a doctor is hard.
- Why is finding a doctor so hard?! I just need someone to look at my lungs and tell me why I can’t breathe!
- Who knew finding a doctor is actually a challenge?
- Why is finding a doctor the most difficult thing in the world?
- I’m so close yet so far on the “finding a doctor” front.
- Forget trying to find a boyfriend. I’d be happier just actually finding a doctor I like and who is good.
8 Steps to Improve Your “Find a Doctor” Strategy
Here are some ways your organization can step up to address these types of concerns and make sure your users can easily find a doctor in your network:
The complete article is only available to members.
Sign up for a trial membership and get instant access.
Renew your membership now and get instant access.