New Year, New Outlook: 7 Trends Expected to Shape Healthcare in 2023
Now that 2023 is officially underway, it’s a good time to examine the various trends expected to shape the healthcare industry this year.
Hospital and health system digital marketing teams will face significant headwinds in 2023, but they will have many opportunities to rise to the occasion as they have done many times in the past.
As their institutions face increasing financial instability and workforce challenges, consumers are raising their voices louder and demanding that providers offer a customer experience that is easier to access and navigate.
Healthcare systems “are really beginning to think more broadly of the patient as a consumer,” says Sondra Brown, president and founder of market research firm MDRG. “It’s an awareness that the patient experience really begins and ends with care.”
Following are seven predictions based on today’s headwinds and a look at what’s to come in the year ahead:
- Social media strategies become unclear amid turbulence
- The talent war hits digital marketing
- Budget uncertainties hit MarTech teams
- The CRM market realigns
- Transitioning from consumerism to consumer transformation
- The rise of the chief consumer officer
- Personalizing patient engagement takes center stage.