What Goes Into a Well-Designed Healthcare Site?
The call for entries for the 2019 eHealthcare Leadership Awards is officially open! Every year around this time, we pick one of our award categories and look back at the prior year’s winners to see what the judges thought they did right — and what they could do even better.
In our new story, we take a close-up look at some of the top winners in the Best Site Design category. Altogether, there were 44 winners of Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Distinction awards in this category. Why so many? Because all but three of the 17 organization classifications were represented. It’s a reminder that the Awards are not just about the big healthcare organizations.
When judges evaluate entries, they compare similar organizations. An entry from a small, rural hospital, for example, may be classified as a “Hospital under 200 beds” and is compared to other organizations of similar scale. There are seven different classifications of provider organizations based on size and type:
- Hospitals and Health Systems (four classifications, based on size)
- Hospital Subsite/Center of Excellence
- Medical Practice/Outpatient Facility
- Other Healthcare Facility (rehab, psych, long-term care, etc.)
To represent the many stakeholders serving the healthcare industry, the eHealthcare Leadership Awards recognize 10 other types of organizations, including:
- Healthcare Association/Professional Society
- HMO/PPO/Other Insurance
- Consumer General Health Site
- Consumer Disease-Focused Site
- Physician/Clinician-Focused Site
- Pharmaceutical or Medical Equipment Manufacturer
- Fundraising Site
- Business/Process Improvement Applications of Products
- Agency/Corporate Vendor Site
- Other Healthcare Sites
In our new article, we take a look at some of the 2018 Platinum Award winners in the Best Site Design category:
- Harbor View Medical Services – Medical Practice/Outpatient Facility
- Columbia Basin Health Association – Other Healthcare Facilities
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center – Hospital 400+ beds
- MelroseWakefield Healthcare – Health System
What were the judges looking for? And what did they find?
Read the full story now to find out: eHealthcare Leadership Awards: It’s Not Just for the Big Guys
P.S. The Call for Entries for the 2019 eHealthcare Leadership Awards will be open until June 28, 2019. Learn more or enter today.
Start Your Online Access Today
Not a member yet?
Sign up for a FREE trial membership »
And don't forget: Once you've signed up as a member, you can add up to 9 colleagues for no additional charge with our Group Membership Upgrade. It's an incredible value.