Collaboration: The New Gold Standard for Successful Healthcare Organizations
Exclusive Member Report
The pandemic had a silver lining. It took a wrecking ball to the walls that have separated internal departments within health systems. Organizations battling COVID-19 had to break down the silos, join forces, and learn to collaborate in new ways. These newly acquired skills are valuable in a post-pandemic world as well.
Health systems that forge internal alliances unleash their collective strengths and leverage competitive strengths to lead their organizations and the industry in innovation and transformation.
This report is a collection of our best articles on the value of collaboration, with interviews from healthcare leaders who have successfully built coalitions, worked across departmental lines, and brought teams together to accomplish what their organizations needed most.
- How Prisma Health embraced difficult conversations and, in the process, discovered new needs within its market
- How Banner Health uses cross-channel communications as a thread to connect teams together
- How Nemours Children’s aligned marketing, clinical operations, and telehealth program administration to develop a cross-functional approach that met the needs of families during the pandemic
- How Nebraska Medicine built a coalition, collaborating across divisions to navigate the massive challenges unleashed by COVID-19.
- How BayCare Health and Avera Health gain enterprise-wide support and buy-in from internal stakeholders
When health systems unify the “pockets of brilliance” within their organizations, they become “enterprises of excellence,” as industry thought leader Ed Marx noted in the article Coming Together for Patients, included in this report. The ultimate beneficiaries are the patients they serve.
Our goal for this report — and all eHealthcare Strategy & Trends content — is to give you tools and tips, information and inspiration to continue to develop your skills as a digital leader. We are confident that in this report you will find high-value, actionable ideas you can put to work for the benefit of your organization.